The West Central Illinois Arts Center will soon be hosting an exhibition of photographs. The title of this year’s show is Narrative Photography: Happy Places of the Mind.
All photographers are encouraged to share the ‘happy places of their mind’ which could be a person, place, or thing– whatever makes you happy. There is no entry fee for Members. A $15 hanging fee for Non-members is due upon delivery of the work to the gallery. You may submit up to 4 pieces. A brief explanation of 100 words or less must accompany each piece to explain why it puts you in a happy state of mind. Please fill out the entry form online at our website www.wciarts.org (Exhibitions/Submit Work for Exhibit). You may either include your narrative(s) in the Artist Statement box (please number)… or email the narrative(s) to me at email@example.com.
All photos must be framed and ready to hang. The WCIAC Gallery uses and provides ‘S’ hooks for hanging.
1) July 6 ~~~~ Deadline for your entry (including the written narratives)
2) July 20 / 3:00-4:00 ~~~~ Deliver photos to the WCIAC for Jurying. The $15 hanging fee for Nonmembers needs to be paid at this time (refunded if none of the photos make it into the show).
3) July 22 – August 16 ~~~~ Narrative Photography: Happy Places of the Mind exhibit. Gallery hours. Tues.-Fri. 11-3 / Sat. 10-4.
4) July 25 / 4:30-6:30 ~~~~ Public Opening Reception. Please plan to attend this festive event if you can and encourage all your friends to come too.
5) August 17 / 3:00-4:00 ~~~~ Please pick up your photographs; or make arrangements: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m looking forward to seeing this year’s submissions. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems with the entry forms (email@example.com).
WCIAC Gallery Director