Applications period is closed.
2019 Art and Gift Market, will be held at the Macomb Arts Center, 25 E. Side Square in Macomb on December 13, 14, and 15, 2019. The purpose of the Market is to provide a venue for people who make arts and crafts to sell their work to the community. It is not a juried art show; but we do limit how many vendors are selling the same type of art/craft in order to ensure that vendors are successful and that there is a wide variety of items for sale.
The 2018 Art and Gift Market (AGM) was highly successful in both attendance and sales and we wish to feature as many vendors as possible in our limited space.
Market Information and Rules:
- Eligible Sellers: All items for sale must be the work of the sellers present at the Art and Gift Market. Commercial products, buy-sell items and food items are not accepted. An appropriate balance for the entire market is considered when determining the number of vendors accepted for each medium. All decisions regarding the selection process are made by the Art and Gift Market Committee at the committee’s discretion and are final.
- Market Hours: Friday, December 13 from 5:00 to 8:00 pm; Saturday, December 14 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm; Sunday, December 15 from 1:00 to 4:00pm.
- Set up-Times: Friday 3:00 pm; Saturday 9:00 am, Sunday 12:00 noon. Booths may be left set-up in place overnight. Arts Center will be locked overnight.
- Booth size: There are 19 booth spaces in the main gallery, each is approximately 10 feet by10 feet. Not all spaces are square. Vendors must keep display within the designated and assigned space. Some, but not all, booths include wall space. There are two spaces in the studio gallery that will each fit two3ft by 6ft tables and are available at reduced prices.
- Booth fees: (due with application, refundable if applicant is not accepted)
- Main gallery fees: -$45 members/$50 non-members.
- Studio gallery fees:-$35 members/$40 non-members.
- Equipment Provided: Chairs are available, but sellers must furnish their own tables and other display items. Some electrical outlets available. In order to accommodate the maximum number of vendors, NO PORTABLE WALLS WILL BE ALLOWED; items needing wall space must be displayed on Gallery walls.
- Sales Tax: Each vendor is responsible for paying applicable sales tax; MAC cannot assume responsibility for payment of sales tax.
- Application requirements: Booths may be requested for individuals and small groups. Booth fee and three digital photos of work per seller must accompany the application form and photos are not returnable. Digital photos in JPG format are required and must be sent email@example.com. We do not accept printed photos.
- Completed applications may be mailed to Art and Gift Market, c/o Macomb Arts Center, P.O. Box692, Macomb Il 61455 or dropped off at the Arts Center, 25 East Side Square, Macomb, Illinois during the hours of Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 10:00am to 3:00 pm; Saturday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Scanned applications attached to an email are accepted as long as booth fee is paid to the Macomb Arts Center via PayPal.
- Deadline for applications is Friday, November 8, 2019. Sellers will be notified of acceptance by November 15, 2019. Applications received after November 8, 2019 will not be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Submission of an application is not a guarantee of acceptance to the Art and Gift Market.