WCIAC Battle of the Brushes, January 27, 2018: Information for Artists
What is Battle of the Brushes?
BoB is a fundraising event for the WCI Arts Center that will include a fast-paint competition between 8-12 artists. There will be two 30-minute preliminary rounds of 4-6 artists each. The top 2 artists of each preliminary round, as determined by audience vote, will advance to the 30-minute final round. The winner of the final round, as determined by audience vote, will receive a cash prize of $100. Participating artists will receive one ticket to the event for themselves and one ticket for a guest.
– Artists will have 30 minutes to create their painting.
– Artists may only use the acrylic paint provided by WCIAC. No outside media is permitted.
– Artists will be provided with 1 canvas, 1 palette, 2 mixing plates, cleaning towels, and 1 water container per round.
– Artists may use, and will provide, any non-mechanical tools: Brushes, palette knives, rollers, sponges, tape etc. Tape must be removed before end of the round.
– Pre-made images, stencils or mechanical tools (spray bottle, hair dryer, etc) are not permitted.
– Artists may not mix paint until the round begins.
– Reference material is not permitted at the easel.
– Artists may wear headphones during competition
– There is no theme; artists are not limited in subject matter
– Artists must arrive at the event by 6:45pm to receive their preliminary round assignments
– Preliminary round 1 will begin at 7:15pm, round 2 at 8pm and the final round will begin at 9pm
Sale of art created at Battle of the Brushes
All works created at the event will be put up for silent auction that night. The artist will receive 50% of the final bid amount (a minimum bid for all works will be determined by WCIAC). Works that are unsold at the event may be claimed by the artists or donated to WCIAC.
To participate in Battle of the Brushes
Complete the brief entry form below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org OR bring to the Arts Center at 25 East Side Square in Macomb OR mail to Battle of the Brushes, WCIAC, PO Box 692, Macomb, IL, 61455.
Entries must include 3 images of work representative of the artist’s style or a link to the artist’s website which has at least 3 such images. The entry deadline is Friday, January 12. Artists selected for the battle will be notified by Monday, January 15.
To donate a work for the silent auction please fill out donation form below: