WCIAC’s 2nd Battle of the Brushes is coming!! April 13, 2019
What is Battle of the Brushes?
BoB is a fundraising event for the WCI Arts Center that will center on a fast-paint competition between 8-12 artists. This year there will be one 30-minute preliminary round. The top 4-6 artists (depending on the total number of participants) will advance to the 30-minute final round. The winner of the final round will receive a cash prize of $100. Participating artists will receive one ticket to the event for themselves and one ticket for a guest. Winners of both rounds will be determined by audience vote.
- Artists will have 30 minutes to create their painting.
- Artists may only use the acrylic paint provided by WCIAC. No outside media is permitted.
- Artists will be provided with 1 canvas, 1 palette, 2 mixing plates, cleaning towels, and 1 water container per round. Brushes will be available, but artists may wish to bring their own to ensure the quality to which they are accustomed.
- Artists may use, and will provide, any non-mechanical tools: Personal brushes, palette knives, rollers, sponges, tape etc. Tape must be removed before end of the round.
- Pre-made images, stencils, or mechanical tools (spray bottle, hair dryer, etc) are not permitted. –Artists may not mix paint until the round begins.
- Reference material is not permitted at the easel.
- Artists may wear headphones during competition
- There is no theme; artists are not limited in subject matter
- Artists must arrive at the event by 6:00pm; doors will open to the public at 6:30pm
- Preliminary round will begin at 7:00pm; final round will begin at 8:00pm
Sale of art created at Battle of the Brushes
All works created at the event will be put up for auction that night. The artist will receive 50% of the final bid amount (a minimum bid for all works will be determined by WCIAC). Works that are unsold at the event may be claimed by the artists or donated to WCIAC.
To participate in Battle of the Brushes
Complete the brief entry form below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Battle of the Brushes, WCIAC, PO Box 692, Macomb, IL, 61455. Applications must be emailed or postmarked by Friday, Mar 22. Artists selected for Battle of the Brushes 2 will be notified no later than Wednesday, Mar 27.