Don’t forget to join us for a fun evening and support your Arts Center at this exciting fundraising event….
🎨Watch adventurous artists create paintings in just 30 minutes and vote to determine the winners!
🎨Enjoy a silent auction of various items (including paintings created throughout the evening), raffle prizes, and a live auction of the final round paintings!
🎨Indulge in tasty hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar!
🎨Maybe even get a selfie with a celebrity or two!
Doors open at 6:30, first round of painting begins at 7:00.
Advance purchase discount through Friday 1/24: $15 for members / $20 non-members.
Purchase tickets through PayPal, reserve tickets by emailing email@example.com or call 309-836-2782.
(ONLINE PURCHASES HAVE ENDED)
Day of the Event: $20 each current member / $25 non-members
The Battle is on! We have 14 fun and fantastic artists participating this year.
They are: Bethany Barr, Dustin Berg – Shelter Insurance Agent, Ray Bunch, Kaitlin Findley, Julie Fiscella (who is Ray Bunch’s daughter—nothing like a little friendly father/daughter competition!), Jeannie Galioto, David Garrison (winner of the 2019 Battle ), Steven House (winner of the 2018 Battle), Adam Kozlowski, Lindsay Moore, Sam Myerson, Kevin Nichols, Jan Rockwell, and Josh Wroblewski.
Come support your favorite artist and Macomb Arts Center! Proceeds support the programs and events of the MAC, including 8-10 free art exhibits annually, Rising Stars youth theatre experience, plays, concerts, and more.
Macomb Arts Center’s 2nd Battle of the Brushes is coming!! April 13, 2019
What is Battle of the Brushes?
BoB is a fundraising event for the Macomb Arts Center that will center on a fast-paint competition between 8-12 artists. This year there will be one 30-minute preliminary round. The top 4-6 artists (depending on the total number of participants) will advance to the 30-minute final round. The winner of the final round will receive a cash prize of $100. Participating artists will receive one ticket to the event for themselves and one ticket for a guest. Winners of both rounds will be determined by audience vote.
- Artists will have 30 minutes to create their painting.
- Artists may only use the acrylic paint provided by Macomb Arts Center. No outside media is permitted.
- Artists will be provided with 1 canvas, 1 palette, 2 mixing plates, cleaning towels, and 1 water container per round. Brushes will be available, but artists may wish to bring their own to ensure the quality to which they are accustomed.
- Artists may use, and will provide, any non-mechanical tools: Personal brushes, palette knives, rollers, sponges, tape etc. Tape must be removed before end of the round.
- Pre-made images, stencils, or mechanical tools (spray bottle, hair dryer, etc) are not permitted. –Artists may not mix paint until the round begins.
- Reference material is not permitted at the easel.
- Artists may wear headphones during competition
- There is no theme; artists are not limited in subject matter
- Artists must arrive at the event by 6:00pm; doors will open to the public at 6:30pm
- Preliminary round will begin at 7:00pm; final round will begin at 8:00pm
Sale of art created at Battle of the Brushes
All works created at the event will be put up for auction that night. The artist will receive 50% of the final bid amount (a minimum bid for all works will be determined by Macomb Arts Center). Works that are unsold at the event may be claimed by the artists or donated to Macomb Arts Center.
To participate in Battle of the Brushes
Complete the brief entry form below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Battle of the Brushes, Macomb Arts Center, PO Box 692, Macomb, IL, 61455. Applications must be emailed or postmarked by Friday, Mar 22. Artists selected for Battle of the Brushes 2 will be notified no later than Wednesday, Mar 27.